This odd looking paper airplane has a large stabilizing tail fin.
The wings will flap at certain angles, so experiment with it and throw gently. This design is sensitive to asymmetries and takes some small adjustments to work well.
Paper Airplane Folding Instructions
1. Fold the paper in half diagonally so opposite corners meet.
2. Fold the long edge about 1/2 inch.
3. Fold the paper in half towards you and then rotate so that the thickest point is facing up. The squared off point will be facing to the left.
4. Fold the right side over as far as it will go and make a vertical crease.
5. Fold the other side down so opposite sides meet.
6. Now, fold one outer flap down to create the first wing. The body will be about 3/4 inch tall.
7. Fold the other flap down to complete the plane.
This design is a little fussy and takes some careful adjustments to get it to fly straight and level. Don't give up! A staple in the front will keep the fuselage from popping open and will add a little weight in the right place. Try bending the trailing edges of the wings up or down to adjust how it flies. Read our article on how to steer a paper airplane for more tips.