This plane is similar to the basic dart.
The additional fold gives it more weight at the nose, allowing it to go a far distance.
Paper Airplane Folding Instructions
1. Fold the paper in half.
2. Fold the top corners to the center line
3. Fold the upper sides to the center line.
4. Fold the peak to the bottom edge of the paper.
5. Now, fold the peak back up about 2 1/2 inches past the top edge.
6. Fold the peak back down to the edge of the previous crease.
7. Fold the plane in half towards you.
8. Finally, fold both sids down to create the wings.